Our Team Is Growing!
WV FREE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
Position Description: The Outreach Coordinator will maintain and build WV FREE’s network of community and campus activists through outreach events including community and campus meetings, tabling and speaking at public events, canvassing, phone banking and other related advocacy and outreach activities with a specific focus on social media. Some travel and hours outside of the typical work-day will be required for events and projects.
Position reports directly to Communications Director
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
Implementation & Communication – 75%
- Coordinates campus and community outreach events around the state and implements reproductive health, rights and justice-related projects
- Builds relationships by initiating and maintaining regular contact with college and university students and supporters around the state, arranging regular visits on relevant topics and keeping constituency groups mobilized and informed
- Implements advocacy efforts, such as phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, constituent meetings and other voter engagement activities
- Maintains the database and manages data entry
- Attends relevant conferences both nationally and locally, as requested
- When directed, develops and implements plans for appropriate program expansion
- Manages all online content, including website and social media updates
- Spearheads and coordinates outreach for crisis pregnancy initiative
Administration: – 25%
- Assists with administrative fundraising tasks and events
- If requested, attends board meetings and other committee or organizational meetings to present information or in absence, sends all required information or documentation
- Recruits volunteers and interns and assists in programming schedules
- Serves as lead organizer and host at events – coordinating logistics and ensuring each event runs smoothly
- When directed, assists with email blasts and action alerts to supporter base, newsletter and maintaining the media file
- Develops and executes detailed workplans with specific measurable goals and objectives, reporting progress to supervisors
- Participates in and helps lead staff meeting
- Closely tracks and records expenses and submits expense reports and receipts on a regular basis to the Executive Assistant
- Experience in organizing, canvassing or event planning preferred
- Must be pro-choice advocate
- Computer literate
- Energetic ‘people person’ who can handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Self-starter with ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-placed environment
- Excellent organizations, written and social skills
- Must have knowledge of social media and social media management platforms
- Submit resume and cover letter and any other relevant information to Communications Director, Julie Warden – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organizations
WV FREE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Charleston, WV. We are a reproductive justice organization that works every day for West Virginia women and families to improve education on reproductive options, reduce teen pregnancy and improve adolescent health, increase access to affordable birth control, and protect personal decision-making, including decisions about whether or when to have child. We represent a wide variety of people in West Virginia. Organizations affiliated with WV FREE include social justice organizations, student groups, social workers, health care providers, and religious groups.
The WV FREE Action Fund, a 501(c)(4) organization, seeks to ensure the reproductive health and lives of women at the state and national level and to broaden the base of active and vocal support for reproductive justice in West Virginia. We work to expand community understanding and awareness of reproductive health issues and to engage our membership and the public during elections.