Internships & Fellowships
WV FREE provides internship and fellowship programs that raise up young leaders in the reproductive justice movement, providing them with experience and training to pursue careers in social justice.
The Healthcare Access Intern will work closely with the WV FREE field team to educate voters and bring awareness to the benefits of healthcare, including Medicaid and Medicaid Expansion and the Affordable Care Act. This position will include researching and following federal policy, media advocacy, campaign management, visibility actions, and advocacy.
Below are some general guidelines on our programs, though we prefer to tailor each internship or fellowship to the needs and interests of the individual, so experiences will vary.
Most internships or fellowships will include:
- 8-12 Weeks of hands-on experience working in a reproductive justice organization, with the opportunity to learn about:
- Sex Ed. Trainings and Curricula
- Grant Writing, Development, and Fundraising
- Outreach and Social Media
- Nonprofit management
- Flexible hours, between 10-20/week
- Cash stipend
Who we’re looking for:
- Hardworking, enthusiastic individuals with an interest in reproductive justice
- WV FREE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
Interested in interning but don’t see an internship that you feel is a good fit? Keep checking back – we’ll be offering several internships throughout 2019, particularly during the summer! Or you can send an email to our Comminications Coordinator, Katie Wolfe, ([email protected]) containing your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in reproductive justice work to be considered for future internship opportunities.