Internships & Fellowships
WV FREE provides internship and fellowship programs that raise up young leaders in the reproductive justice movement, providing them with experience and training to pursue careers in social justice.
Below are some general guidelines on our programs, though we prefer to tailor each internship or fellowship to the needs and interests of the individual, so experiences will vary.
Previous interns and fellows
Voter Engagement & Outreach Internship – Summer 2021
Most internships or fellowships will include:
- 8-12 Weeks of hands-on experience working in a reproductive justice organization, with the opportunity to learn about:
- Sex Ed. Trainings and Curricula
- Grant Writing, Development, and Fundraising
- Outreach and Social Media
- Nonprofit management
- Flexible hours, between 10-20/week
- Cash stipend
Who we’re looking for:
- Hardworking, enthusiastic individuals with an interest in reproductive justice
- WV FREE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
We aren’t currently looking for interns, but keep checking back! We hire most of our interns during the summer and will begin posting these positions in the spring of 2020. Be sure to also follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on internship, fellowship, and staff positions as they become available!